10 Apr Sustainability Manager – Construction
Lewis Davey is delighted to be supporting a leading light within the sustainable construction industry as they looking to appoint a Sustainability Manager into their team. We’re looking for Sustainability Managers who are excited to deliver sustainable projects and go well beyond compliance – you’ll be working on super sustainable and award winning projects with great clients.
We’re looking for Sustainability Managers with experience of construction/contractor environment or potentially exceptional consultants who have delivered beyond compliance previously and ideally have an understanding of both Design and Construct.
Ideally you will have solid exposure to managing and delivering environmental / green building certifications, largely BREEAM Excellent or Outstanding but exposure to LEED, FitWell, Well, SKA etc. would be useful. You’ll be an expert and able to promote innovation in a particular area of sustainability, such as waste, energy/carbon, water, responsible sourcing of materials, and/or sustainable buildings. At the same time, you will be a pro-active generalist, able to cover all major issues of sustainability with all relevant stakeholders. You’ll possess accomplished analytical skills and adopt a rigorous approach to data, league tables, KPI performance.
Culturally wise, you won’t be a wallflower, our client wants people who work hard and whom will thrive in a results-driven business, filled with lots of very talented people.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring sustainability reporting and compliance requirements are met;
- Support the winning of new work through bid support, innovation, client liaison, upskilling of colleagues and raising the business’ profile externally;
- Managing and delivering our clients Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and Responsible Business policies and targets;
- Delivering training and communications;
- Acting as a focal point for technical support
- The ability to translate technical topics into laypersons language and articulate the value of sustainability;
- Representing the business at conferences, relevant forums and through presentations to clients and working groups;
- Acting as a Sustainability Champion and encouraging behavioural change throughout the business;
Applicants should hold a degree in a relevant discipline and be an Associate or higher level member of IEMA or similar professional body. Certifications in BREEAM or LEED AP would be highly desirable.