05 Aug Sustainability Manager – Derwent London
Derwent London is the largest real estate investment trust focused on the central London commercial property market, with over 85 buildings valued at over £5bn in 13 London villages. Our core strategy is to acquire and own a portfolio of central London properties that offer significant opportunities to enhance and extract value through refurbishment, regeneration and redevelopment.
Our purpose is to help improve and upgrade the stock of office space in central London, providing above average long-term returns to our shareholders while brining social and economic benefits to all our stakeholders.
By setting an open and progressive corporate culture and promoting values that include building lasting relationships, our design-led ethos has created a brand of well-designed, flexible and efficient buildings at affordable rents. These not only help our occupiers attract talent but also revitalise neighbourhoods and benefit local communities. Our approach contributes to workforce wellbeing and helps to maintain London’s place as a leading global business hub.
The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Sustainability whilst working with the wider Sustainability Team in helping to deliver the Derwent London sustainability/responsibility programme, both internally and externally.
The role focuses both on the management and integration of the Derwent London sustainability/responsibility agenda into our development pipeline, in addition to working in tandem with others in the Sustainability Team to effectively manage our resource efficiency data sets and according databases (energy/carbon, water, waste). Likewise, supporting the production of various internal and external data reporting requirements/outputs; for example, corporate annual reporting and internal performance management reporting.
In addition, to these focused areas the Sustainability Manager will be required to work more generally across the company, liaising with and supporting different departments and teams to ensure sustainability is being effectively driven. Likewise, fulfilling sustainability/responsibility related activities and support that may arise from different parts of the organisation over time.
Key responsibilities for the role include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Development Team to ensure the robust and proactive implementation of the Science Based Carbon Targets and Net Zero Carbon work streams into our development pipeline to ensure effective alignment and futureproofing – from design through to practical completion.
- Managing the effective delivery of the Sustainability Framework for Developments ensuring each project is incorporating its requirements and targets working with the Development Team to manage the project sustainability plan process
- Working with others in the team to manage the various resource efficiency databases and data flows to ensure they are kept constantly up to date and accurate.
- Managing elements of and feeding into the monthly/quarterly sustainability performance and exception reporting dashboards, with a particular emphasis on reporting on the development pipeline liaising to ensure timely and accurate population for the Sustainability and Responsible Business Committees.
- Managing elements of and feeding into the annual submissions of the various external investor indices and questionnaires e.g. CDP, GRESB and FTSE4Good.
- Working with others in the team to support the delivery of our community strategy and outreach work.
- Supporting with the production of the annual sustainability report and annual non-financial audit assurance process.
- Assisting in any other related sustainability work which may arise.