04 Apr Town Planner | Buckinghamshire | 2+ years’ experience
A specialist Architectural Practice and Land Consultancy is looking for a bright spark to join the business as a Town Planner, working on both active architecture-led projects and strategic sites.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a qualified Town Planner to work with the in-house architects to deliver planning statements and applications for an interesting array of architectural projects from single dwellings through to 20+ unit sites, often of a highly eco-technical and sustainable nature.
There is also the very real opportunity for the successful candidate to widen their career into land acquisition and the associated land searches, strategic advice, development proposals and local plan representations for a company who are already working with a number of large and small developers to acquire sites and obtain planning permission on their behalf.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will:
- be a qualified and experienced Town Planner with at least 2 years’ post-grad experience (ideally you will already be chartered by the RTPI but if not, you should at least be on the pathway);
- be able to write planning statements, applications, appeal statements and other documents to a high professional standard;
- have excellent knowledge of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) and Local Plan Policies;
- ideally have some experience in researching Local Plans and 5 Year Housing Supplies;
- ideally have some experience of feeding sites into local plans;
- will be driven, motivated and genuinely commercially minded
- will be a confident communicator, able to network and negotiate effectively;
- must have the desire to succeed;
- be willing to travel to sites as required (driving licence essential).
Basic salary for this position is dependent on experience within the range of £28,000 - £40,000 basic.
If the successful candidate becomes an important part of the Land Acquisition team then there is a very real opportunity to earn considerable bonuses too. The company also offer a pension scheme and business mileage. A company car is also negotiable as part of the package.
This rare opportunity would ideally suit a lively, sociable self-starter with a high degree of both professionalism and aspiration.
Want to hear more? Apply for the role by submitting your CV below or call Claire on 07983 143 831 | 020 7859 4246 for an informal, confidential chat. Please be assured, your CV and personal information are safe with us – we never share your details without your consent.
If you are a Town Planner, Land Manager, Strategic Land Specialist, Landscape Architect, Urban Designer or Masterplanner looking to make the next move in your career then please do get in touch to find out how we can help.