29 Nov Town Planner / Senior Planner | nr Stevenage | up to £40k basic + bonuses | Big projects
This small but successful planning consultancy punch considerably above their weight, winning and delivering on a broad range of large and medium sized projects.
Key areas of specialism and reputation are in new communities and urban extensions of up to 2000 units, large strategic promotions and public sector schools, although they work across all sectors and also regularly deliver smaller residential schemes, commercial projects, heritage and listed building consents and much more. Projects span the country although most are Midlands-based and further south.
The company is run by highly experienced planning professionals with a wide network of clients and a strong reputation in the industry who can mentor and pass on their knowledge and experience to their incoming staff.
As a result of their ongoing success, they have asked Lewis Davey to work exclusively to seek out an additional Town Planner or Senior Town Planner to join their existing team of 5.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes, although they are flexible and will look at individuals on merit, and of course personality fit is hugely influential too:
- At least 1 year of solid experience in a professional UK Town Planning environment;
- A public or private sector background, although commercial awareness is essential if coming from a local authority position;
- Some experience in promoting or processing residential planning applications;
- Ability to write thorough and concise planning statements and applications;
- Some experience at committee hearings and, ideally, appeals;
- Ability or readiness to manage your own smaller scale projects;
- A broad interest in planning for a variety of sectors;
- A strong desire to work in a small but growing team with involvement in all stages of a project;
- Interest in working for a growing consultancy with genuine opportunities for progression and future managerial responsibilities;
- An open minded, teamworking mentality;
- A willingness to travel to sites across the UK as required;
- An initial salary expectation of no more than £40,000 + bonuses
- Full UK driving licence;
- A fondness for small, fluffy animals! (this one is essential!)
In return, the company are offering a friendly and sociable office environment in a lovely location with plenty of local shops and amenities on the doorstep, fantastic career prospects and much more.
At Planner level, you should expect to earn a basic of £25k - £32k and at Senior Planner level the starting salary would be somewhere between £33k and £40k. All salaries are negotiable and dependent on experience. Bonuses are paid based on both individual and company performance and there is a company pension scheme which will provide 5% contributions next year in line with government requirements. Other benefits include paid professional fees and CPD, plus mileage paid for all business-related travel.
Some flexibility around working arrangements is possible, and applicants hoping to work 4 days a week will be considered although the preference is full time.
If this role appeals and you would like to know more then please contact Claire Lewis on 07983 143 831/020 7859 4246 or send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include a phone number).
All conversations will be on a strictly confidential basis and you can rest assured that your CV will never leave our sight without your express permission.