04 Jun VP of Sustainability – $200,000+ – Los Angeles, CA
Are you passionate a leader within the sustainability world? Do you thrive on finding solutions, where others see barriers? Are you able to influence change in a business both directly and indirectly? I’m looking for a VP of Sustainability to help one of my clients with their short term and long term sustainability goals.
The Vice President of Sustainability will work with all stakeholders within the business to develop and implement a sustainability strategy and address the organization’s approach to their carbon responsibility. You will lead a team and work with both direct and indirect reports to create and implement the companies vision.
- Oversees the overall execution, mission, and efficacy of the sustainability program
- Collaborates with appropriate division managers and stakeholders to facilitate performance and sustainability evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Assesses and analyzes company policies and processes to identify areas in and processes to which improvements can be made in accordance with the organization’s commitment to sustainability.
- Brainstorms and identifies creative ways in which the company can balance business obligations with the goal of respecting, supporting, and improving.
- Proposes and implements strategies to address various environmental concerns
- Drafts and implements sustainable organizational policies that address environmental concerns.
- Evaluates efficacy of sustainability programs; recommends and implements improvements, as necessary.
- Conducts research to identify environmental and sustainability concerns, interests, and issues.
- Considers sustainability proposals with attention to factors such as cost effectiveness, feasibility, and ease of integration with other programs.
- Drafts and prepares reports, presentations, and proposals; presents proposals and recommendations to the Pres. & COO, Chief Executive Officer, board of directors, and other key stakeholders.