20 Feb Spring 2015 Town Planning Jobs and Market Update
Spring Town Planning Market and Jobs Update
Below are our selection of current and active roles in Town Planning:
· Head of Planning – London
· Planning Director – London, Milton Keynes
· Associate Director – Bristol
· Head of Development Management – Essex
· Associate Director – Strategic – Milton Keynes
· Associate Director – Hampshire
· Planning Manager (client side) – Essex, Cambridge, South West, London
· Associate Town Planner – North London
· Associate Retail Planner – London, Cambridge
· Associate Town Planner – Reading, Cambridge, Bedford, Sussex, Dorset
· Principal Planner – Bristol
· Senior Development Management Officer – West Country
· Senior Planner – South London
· Senior Planner – Oxford
· Senior Planner – Hertfordshire
· Senior Planner – Manchester
· Senior Planner – West Sussex
· Senior Planning Policy Officer – Essex
· Senior Planner – Birmingham
· Senior Planner – Bristol
· Senior Planner – Kent
· Senior Development Management Officer – Norfolk
· Senior Planner – Dorset
· Senior Retail Planner – London
· Senior Planner – Hampshire
· Senior Housing Development Consultant – South Coast
· Town Planners – Dorset, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Norfolk, Cambs, Kent, Hampshire, Durham, South Wales, Bedfordshire, Reading, West Sussex, East Sussex
· Graduate Planners – Newcastle, Sussex, Dorset, London,
Please contact Shaun or Peter on 020 7859 4246 to discuss your career plans and to discuss the active roles on offer. Your CV is never sent out without your permission and all CVs can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. At this stage we are only recruiting candidates with an RTPI accredited Masters, or equivalent. To expedite the process previous applicants need not apply as we will be contacting you on regular basis to keep you informed of new developments.
As we move into Spring, yes its spring just round the corner, don’t you know! it remains an incredibly exciting time to be part the UK Town Planning industry. The whole industry is enjoying better times than the last year and certainly the previous few years.
When Lewis Davey set up a couple of years ago, we were careful to pick our markets very carefully. We made the decision to only recruit into the private sector. Collectively we had all enjoyed working with private sector firms and had lots of great networks in the private sector..
The current climate, and the breadth of openings in the private sector has really validated our decision. In the 10 years which I have spent working in the Town planning market, I can scarcely remember a busier time.
However we have also seen the nature of public sector roles change as the localism agenda, CIL and the drive to deliver more housing has created a very positive development climate within the public sector too. Local Authorities have a range of careers to offer too. We have made a conscious decision to develop a Public Sector Service which we anticipate to be a big part of our business moving forward. These will be permanent roles and potentially later in the year also contract positions.
Consultants and Developers have the opportunity to offer flexibility to their employees and will drive their staff on a career development pathway. They also often offer a broader spectrum of work and in many cases can see developments through from feasibility to approval to construction.
Consultancies also allow their staff to build a specialist focus in Residential, Mixed-Use, Education/Healthcare, Retail, EIA, Minerals and Waste, Renewable Energy, etc. Yet most are diverse enough to offer a varying range of projects for their staff.
Consultancies and Developers also help foster the skills which will allow you to go far in your career. These skills include Client Management, Project Management, Business Development and Staff Management. These allow you to enhance your ability to think outside the box on planning projects, develop negotiation and objection handling skills. It allows you to pitch for new work and to produce compelling written proposals. It teaches you to talk in front of a crowd and present your innovative ideas to captive audiences. Get involved and find yourself a great new job in 2015!
All CVs and applications are dealt with confidentially.