12 Jun Summer Town Planning Jobs & Market Update
Summer Town Planning Jobs & Market Update
As we head into summer and approach the mid-point of 2015, it is a good time to reflect on the town planning industry as a whole. It is indeed an exciting time to be immersed in the world of planning with interesting shifts over the last few months emerging from the general election. More and more new opportunities opening up for aspiring planners to effectively develop their careers – especially within the private sector!
There is no denying the fact that the number of available positions within the industry are at an all-time high as companies are trying to secure the best talent in the market to facilitate their ongoing, and continued expansion. Consultancies are in a constant battle to attract the top planners in their market areas. Adverts for jobs are yielding few applicants, and LinkedIn and other social media networking sites are also not as reliable as they were during the recent recession.
This is excellent news for the job seeker, whom may be interested in taking the next step in their career because job descriptions are becoming increasingly personalised, and salaries are on the rise. On the other hand, Planning Consultancies based in more rural locations are beginning to feel the strain. Despite many offering excellent opportunities for growth, career development, and financial incentives, consultancies outside of the UKs major cities are finding it harder and harder to attract new staff– an issue that needs to be tackled with an increasing number of garden cities and urban extensions occurring in rural areas.
If you are interested in exploring new opportunities, then this is a great time to build a strategic partnership with Lewis Davey. We provide a personable, and dedicated service and specialise in working with our candidates exclusively. If you are tired of relentless introductory calls with recruiters and exploring roles solely on a case by case basis, then let us work together on a project basis. Even if you are not planning an immediate move, but see yourself moving over the next year then get in touch with us today so we are able to discuss your career on a strategic basis. Call 020 7859 4246 and speak with Shaun or Peter.
For immediate requirements, please see our list below of active vacancies.
What are you predictions for the second half of 2015 within the town planning industry?
See below for a selection of current and active roles in Town Planning Jobs with Lewis Davey:
· Planning Director – London, Surrey
· Head of Planning – London
· Regional Planning Manager (Renewables) – The North of England
· Planning Manager – Milton Keynes
· Planning Manager – Yorkshire
· Senior Strategic Planner – Bedfordshire
· Senior Strategic Planner – Milton Keynes
· Principal Planner – Bristol, London
· Associate Town Planner – Central London, North London, Bristol, Reading, Cambridge, Bedford, Sussex, Dorset, Kent, Berkshire
· Senior Renewables Planner – Manchester, Buckinghamshire, Wiltshire, London, Kent
· Telecoms Planner – Reading, Herts.
· Senior Telecoms Planner – Bracknell
· Senior Planner – London, Oxford, Bucks, Herts, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Somerset, Gloucs, Kent, Wilts, Norfolk, Hampshire, Dorset, E. Midlands, Gloucestershire
· Town Planners – Somerset, Dorset, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Norfolk, Cambs, Kent, Bristol, Hampshire, Durham, South Wales, Bedfordshire, Reading, West Sussex, East Sussex, Midlands, Yorks
· Assistant Planners – selection across the UK
At this stage we are only recruiting candidates with an RTPI accredited Masters, or equivalent.
Please contact Shaun or Peter on 020 7859 4246 to discuss your career plans and to discuss the active roles on offer. Your CV is never sent out without your permission and all CVs can be sent directly to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org